At the Wellspring Surgery, we encourage our patients to use our online services to book appointments, request prescriptions, and view their records.
It’s really easy to sign up – just pop into the surgery with 3 forms of identification (one photographic and one confirmation of address) and fill in a form.
If you have any questions or queries, our reception team will be able to help you.
Proxy access is where an individual can nominate another individual to have access to their account (e.g for children or vulnerable adults who require support). Unfortunately, at this time, we do not allow proxy access for data security purposes.
It’s important to remember that you should keep your details to your online log in private – see our list of security tips below.
Patient Online Access – Keeping Your Online Records Secure
Having access to your records online is a great way to get involved in looking after your health. Your records contain personal information, so it’s important to keep them safe. You should take the same care with your health and social care records as you do if you use online banking.
Here are some tips on how to keep your records safe:
- If your record provider created a password for you as part of your log-in details, you should change it as soon as possible.
- Use a strong and memorable password that is at least 8 characters long.
- Do not write your password down or share it.
- Do not use words in your password which may be easy for others to guess, such as the names of your relatives or pets.
- Always log out of your records when you have finished using them.
- It is best to view your records when you are somewhere private, and on your own computer or mobile device.
- If you print information from your records make sure it is stored securely.
Further information and advice about keeping your online health and social care record safe and secure is available here.